Recently I’ve been hearing a lot about mantras. I know this isn’t a new concept, but it’s been on my mind this week, so that’s what I want to talk about. 🙂 From what I’ve heard, many successful people have mantras or daily affirmations that they use. If it works for them, it can work for us, right?
The premise is that if you tell yourself something frequently enough, you eventually believe it. This makes sense, because I believe all the negative things I say about myself! It will be really interesting to see if repeating a positive statement on a daily basis will actually help improve my outlook/perception.
I don’t have a specific mantra or affirmation that I’ve decided on just yet, but I thought I’d share some ideas with you in case you’re in search of a mantra as well.
- I am smart, I am confident, I am capable
- I am clothed with strength and dignity, and I laughs without fear of the future. (paraphrased from Proverbs 31:25)
- I know how to do this
- I am enough
- I am loved
Health and Wellness
- My health is worth the work
- I feel best when I (insert health goal here)
- I am worth more than cheap chocolate (sort of joking but really, throw the Hershey bar away!)
That’s all I have for now. Do you have a mantra or daily affirmation?