Anyone remember the commercial with the camels and the hump day joke? “Hey Mike, what day is it?” My dad loved that commercial when it first aired. His name is Mike and he enjoys a good pun, so it was practically made for him. All that to say, happy hump day!
This week has been super busy, and even the “good” kind of busy can you leave wiped out. That’s how I felt last night, so I made an easy to put together dinner – pork chops with green beans and roasted potatoes. When the potatoes came out of the oven they were SO GOOD. They were the perfect level of crispy; the seasoning was just right, and I realized I need to share these with you. So here are my favorite crispy potatoes! They’re super easy to throw into the oven, and have that cozy, home cooked feel that I love after a long day.
Perfect Crispy Potatoes
- 3-5 small or medium red potatoes, with the skin on
- 1 Tbl of your fat of choice (I love ghee/butter or avocado oil but coconut or olive oil also work)
- 1 Tsp of sea salt
- 1 Tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp of ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (Fahrenheit) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices – like thick steak fries
- Toss the potatoes in the oil and spices, and lay them flat on the baking sheet – they need to be spaced out well for maximum crispiness, if they’re crowded or on top of each other they won’t brown as well
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are browned
Serves 4 and keeps in the fridge for about 5 days. Reheat in the oven or a toaster oven to maintain the crispy texture. 🙂