TGIF Y’all! ok, so it’s Thursday, but I took the day off from my “day job” tomorrow so today is MY Friday 🙂 Tomorrow will be a relaxing time visiting some friends before the this weekend’s craziness begins. Basically, it’s going to be a great day.
I’ve been using the Aaptiv app for a solid 2 weeks now. I was not a fan after my first day, but after I thought about it, I realized that I was probably more unhappy with my inability to follow the directions given because of my size and physical state. I can’t blame the app for my body’s lack of flexibility, so I gave it another shot. I was more thoughtful about the workouts I chose, modified when I needed to, and now I’m really enjoying it.
What I like
- There are a bunch of options: from kickboxing to yoga to walking on a treadmill. My favorites so far are the beginner strength training and kickboxing classes. They’re a lot of fun, and it’s easy for me to modify the strength moves that I can’t maneuver just yet (i.e. burpees!).
- Time required is flexible: there are workouts as short as 10 minutes and as long as 35. It all depends on the time you have/want to use for your workout. And for the record, it’s totally possible to break a sweat during a 10 minute workout!
- Motivating trainers: The trainers are super motivating during the class. I was listening to a spin class while I rode my stationary bike because the trainer was so encouraging that it helped the time pass faster. (I was not about to try and stand on my rickety old stationary bike, so I didn’t technically follow the instructions he gave).
What could be better
- I wish there was an option for a video for some the classes. A lot of this is new to me, so it would be helpful to see the moves done correctly before trying them myself. The trainers mostly do a good job of explaining moves, but nothing beats a visual example.
- it would be great if there some “modified” workouts for newer (and larger) people like myself. A modified or chair yoga would be amazing!
Want to try it out for free??
The first 10 people to sign up with this link will get 30 days free to try Aaptiv out themselves! If you decide to test it out or already use Aaptiv, let me know what you think! I’d love to hear your opinion.